Friday, February 5, 2010

M&M's

One of my friend's family recently received a bunch of boxes full of M&M's.  They couldn't eat all that candy so they shared; last P.E. they were handing out boxes. Each box contains 36 large bags full of M&M's. We were very happy.

Mom was keeping the box in one of the bottom cabinets. Sam likes the, "Mim nims" as he calls them, and he is allowed two every now and then; but apparently that is not enough. One day he came up to my Mom looking guilty, with chocolate smeared all over his face. He had discovered how to open the M&M bags.
Mom understood that the miserable look on his face meant, "Mom my stomach hurts, please help me, I can not stop, and also forgive me." The M&M's have been moved to a higher shelf.

A few nights ago, around 8:00,  Grace and I asked Mom if it would be okay to have some M&M's and watch a movie.  Luke who was working on school that night, also wanted M&M's.  Mom told Grace and me that a movie was okay with her and she would let us all have some candy.  When Luke asked, "How much is some?" Mom said she would trust us to get a reasonable amount.  Luke responded, "Okay" and walked off toward the cabinet then he returned grinning, with a huge bag for each of us.

Mom said "Ummm, no."

(Sigh).

2 comments: