Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Band Day

We do lots of things every week, today is band class. My sisters and I all play different instruments, my younger sister Rebekah plays saxophone, Luke (my older brother) used to play sax but he quit, my older sister Grace plays tuba (if you dont know what a tuba is it is a big instrument that plays deep notes), I play percussion. That means any type of bell or drum.

I used to play flute, that was pretty fun. Once, when I was in a performance playing flute and was placed right in front of the percussion players, the girl next to me and I started joking that we were going to put ear plugs in because the drummers were so loud. Now, I find out that is exactly what drummers say about flutes.

Band is very fun, but to do well you have to practice. I don't like to practice very much. I mean every now and then I get a good practice in but mostly I play songs that are fun to play, or songs I am really good, at or I day dream about that party tomorrow, or what I'm going to wear to church, or that funny line in that movie.

I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment