Tuesday, January 12, 2010

School Again

I hate it when you start a book and the next day school starts. I really can not concentrate on my school when that happens. If only the books I am usually reading could be considered school.

Well, our family started school again last week and I had just started "Breaking Dawn". None of us were very happy. Mom made a completely new schedule for school, and now we start school on Tuesday and do our tests on Monday instead of Friday. When Mom told us this, the first question was: "Will we still have a weekend?" Mom's answer was yes - if you know that you are ready for Monday. The new schedule is working fine so far.

I don't like my math book. I never liked math. Luke and Grace thought fractions were hard and decimals were easy, while I think fractions are okay and decimals are really hard. I think my math book was translated from Swahili; the explanations are so hard to understand. Mom usually tells me after reading the lesson and frowning for a second, "Okay don't do it the way they do it, this is how I learned." And then she shows me a easier, less complicated way.

History is my favorite subject. I argue a lot with Rebekah about history, because she says she just cannot concentrate on it. To me, it's like reading an exciting story: good guys, bad guys, legends, beautiful city's, and adventure.

I am reading the book "Public Enemies"- it is very good. Another book I am reading for school is "Once And Future King". It is interesting, but not my favorite book in the world.

By the way, I did finish "Breaking Dawn". It made me get behind in school. I had to make it up by missing Sunday night dodge ball with my church and Monday P.E. with my friends. Bummer.

Don't check out a really great book the day before school starts. It doesn't help your grades.

2 comments: